Side Dish: Recipe for Fried Rice
Rice is a tasty side dish for any meal, including meals that feature
barbecued meats. Here is an easy recipe for fried rice
that goes great with nearly any type of meat.
What You Need
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 6 cups of hot, cooked, white or basmati rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger root
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil and/or butter
- (Optional) 2 tsp madras curry powder
- (Optional) 1 cup fresh veggies, like sliced mushrooms, peas, or diced carrots
How to Make Fried Rice
- Preheat a large skillet.
- Lightly scramble the eggs and set aside.
- If using the veggies, saute then with the garlic and set aside.
- Add about 2 tbsp olive oil, or use 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp butter to the hot skillet.
- Add the rice and stir until heated through.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the rice and stir until the rice is evenly coated.
- Add in the scrambled eggs, green onions, and vegetables, and stir to distribute throughout the rice.
- Add in all the seasonings and again, stir to make sure they are distributed evenly throughout the rice.
- Let heat through for several minutes before serving.
This recipe for fried rice is very forgiving, and you can add and remove all sorts
of stuff according to your tastes. Try serving the rice alongside these delicious choices:
BBQ kebabs recipes,
BBQ salmon recipe in foil,
BBQ garlic prawns recipe, or
barbecue pork tenderloin. If you have
leftovers of the meat and the rice, just dice up the remaining meat, add it to the
rice, and reheat for another tasty meal.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!