BBQ Appetizer Recipes - Anticipating the Main Meal
A nice little tidbit before dinner can help build the anticipation
for the meal. This section offers a selection of BBQ
appetizer recipes - tasty little 'bites' to bigger, sharable appetizers
that can be cooked on the grill.
Appetizers don't have to be complicated - quick, easy tidbits are
great, especially for soothing a hungry appetite while waiting for
the main course to finish on the barbecue.
- Thread appetizers onto skewers for easy serving. Make sure you
soak the skewers in water for one to two hours before threading food
onto them. This will help to prevent them from burning.
- Put out toothpicks and napkins and let everyone serve themselves.
It's easy, it's fast, and clean-up is simple too.
- Not everything has to be cooked on the grill! You can prepare
a recipe in advance if you like, and simply reheat (on the BBQ
or in the oven) when the time comes.
- Cold appetizers work really well for those hot summer days.
Offer ice-cold drinks and you'll have an instant hit.
- If plates of appetizers will be left out for snacking, make
sure they're covered to keep the bugs away. Foil works great.
With BBQ appetizer recipes, the goal is to have something to
whet the appetite until the main course is ready. Appetizers can
be cold, cooked in the oven or on the stovetop, or on the barbecue
- just so long as they're tasty and available! Watch this space for
recipes in the near future.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!