Easy BBQ Garlic Prawns Recipe
Out of all the BBQ seafood recipes
out there, an easy and tasty BBQ garlic prawns recipe
is always a favorite. These are grilled grispy on the outside with a delectable
lemony, garlicky finish.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
Substitution note: you can substitute shrimp for the prawns...
they taste very similar, and most people won't be able to tell the difference.
- 2 pounds of prawns or shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (Optional) Bamboo skewers
- (Optional) If you are using the bamboo skewers, put them in a dish and cover with water to soak.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice & rind, garlic, green onions, and salt.
- Put the prawns in a bowl, and pour marinade on top.
- Stir to ensure prawns are thoroughly coated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to marinate, 2 to 4 hours.
- After marinating, remove prawns and drain. Discard used marinade.
- (Optional) Drain water from bamboo skewers, then thread prawns onto skewers.
How to Barbecue the Prawns
- Prepare barbecue for direct heat/grilling.
- Preheat BBQ to hot.
- Lightly oil the cooking grate.
- Place the skewers / prawns onto the grate and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once.
Prawns are done when they are firm, pink and opaque throughout.
This is just one variation of a BBQ garlic prawns recipe ... it's
actually very forgiving, so if you want to experiment with it, feel
free to make it your own. The prawns are delicious on top of a cool,
crisp green salad... or sometimes we just leave lots of prawn skewers
out along with barbecued ears of fresh corn and let everyone help
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!