Recipe for BBQ Shrimp Skewers
Here is a wonderfully spicy recipe for BBQ shrimp.
The shrimp are threaded onto skewers and marinated, before being
barbecued to produce a tasty appetizer with a little spicy kick.
Choose nice, big fresh shrimp for the best results.
What You Need
- 12 to 15 shelled, cleaned jumbo shrimp
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp curry paste
- Butter for finishing
(soak bamboo skewers in water for at least an hour, then drain).
Preparing the Shrimp Skewers
- Rinse the shrimp under cold, running water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Whisk together all the other ingredients (except for the butter).
- Put the shrimp in a shallow bowl (bowl should have a cover) or in
a ziplock bag, and add the marinade.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard the used marinade, or if you
want to use it for basting, boil it first in a saucepan for a few minutes.
- Thread 2 or 3 shrimp onto each skewer.
Grilling the Shrimp
- Preheat the barbecue to high heat.
- Grease the cooking grate.
- Place the skewers on the BBQ, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or
until the shrimp is firm and opaque throughout.
For a glossy and tasty finish to this recipe for BBQ shrimp, you can lightly
brush the finished skewers with melted butter if you like (yes, it adds calories,
but yum!). Or if you want to have these as a light supper, serve them over hot
cooked rice. Check out the site for more
BBQ appetizer recipes.... or try our
BBQ garlic prawns recipe instead.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!