Savory Stuffed BBQ Squid Recipe
Fried squid is the type that many people are most familiar with... but
cooking squid on the grill is just as easy, and absolutely delicious! Here's
a BBQ squid recipe that's stuffed with
a mixture of tomatoes and pork. The result is a tasty, tangy, and tender
appetizer, or a light meal.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
- 10 cleaned small squid tubes (no tentacles), about 4" in length (you can use
larger squid if you wish - then slice them for serving)
- 1-1/2 cups of ground pork
- 1 ripe red tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh, finely-chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for sprinkle
Preparing the Squid
- Thoroughly rinse the squid under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Lightly oil the inside and outside of the squid.
- Sprinkle both the inside and outside with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the ground pork, tomato, onion, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Loosely stuff the squid tubes with the pork mixture, leaving a bit of room at the top.
- Stick a toothpick into the top of the squid tubes to hold them closed.
How to Barbecue
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high.
- Grease the cooking grate.
- Place stuffed squid tubes on the grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes in total, depending on the
size of the squid. Carefully roll the squid as it cooks so that it cooks evenly. The internal
temperature should be about 155 degrees F when removed from the grill. Let sit for a few more
minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
You can use a grill basket
if you don't want to worry about the squid falling through the grate, but you won't get
those beautiful grill marks if you do.
Remove toothpicks before serving and sprinkle with parsley. This BBQ squid recipe works
wonderfully as an appetizer, or serve with other
sides dishes for BBQ
to make a light meal. You can also find more
BBQ seafood recipes
throughout our website.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!