Barbecue Sea Bass Recipe
Light and flavorful, this easy recipe
for barbecue sea bass is sure to
be a hit for those summertime cookouts. This delightful
BBQ fish is perfect for an
easy but impressive meal. Be sure to start with quality fresh
fish, if you can get it - it really does make a big difference in taste.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
- 2 lb sea bass
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (not onion salt!)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Light drizzle of olive oil
- (Optional) 3 tbsp butter + 2 tbsp fresh chopped garlic + 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
(if you don't have fresh parsley, use 1.5 tsp dried parsley flakes)
How To Prepare The Fish
- Rinse the sea bass under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Apply a very light coat of olive oil. You shouldn't need more than about 1 tsp of
olive oil for the entire fish! It should just barely be oiled.
- In a small bowl, throughly mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and lemon pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the fish.
- (Optional) Melt the butter over the stove and combine with the garlic and parsley (make sure
the mixture doesn't brown or burn). You can leave this out if you're watching calories.
How to Barbecue the Sea Bass
Remember that fish doesn't take long to cook at all, so watch carefully.
If you like, you can also use a fish grate to make turning the fish easier.
- Start off with a clean grill.
- Set up the BBQ for direct grilling, medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the fish on the grill and barbecue for about 7-8 minutes,
then turn the fish. If you're using the butter mixture, brush it onto the fish
at this stage, and then grill until done (typically another 5-8 minutes). It's
done when the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
If you'd rather, you can also wrap the fish in a foil packet or use a
fish grilling basket
- the barbecue sea bass will taste just as good! Then you can drizzle the butter mixture on
top after it's done. Either way, this is a a wonderful summery BBQ
entree, and one of our favourites.
Serve it with wild rice and green beans or broccoli, and you have a fast,
easy, and healthy meal. Check out our other
BBQ seafood recipes
for more ideas.
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!