BBQ Salad Recipes - Easy Ideas for Fresh Salads
Fresh salads are a great accompaniment for any barbecue meal.
This section offers tasty BBQ salad recipes,
from crisp green salads to pasta salads to cool, colorful mixed veggies.
- Homemade salad dressing can be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
- Leftover barbecued meat like chicken or salmon can be used as a delicious
topping to a salad, for an easy and convenient light lunch.
- Pasta salads and mixed veggie salads (with dressing) are best prepared
ahead of time, so that the flavors have time to blend.
Salads with 'creamy' dressings like ranch dressing or those that include
cheeses, mayonnaise, etc... shouldn't be left out in the hot sun. Keep them
in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- Green salads are best made just before serving so that they stay
nice and crisp.
- If you want to keep your lettuce looking and tasting crisp, put a bunch
of ice cubes in the bottom of a big bowl. Fill with cold water and then
submerge your (washed) lettuce in the bowl. Leave for about 20 minutes.
Then remove the lettuce, shake off the excess water, and put on paper towels
to absorb any remaining water (if you have a salad spinner, you can use that
Try one of these barbecue salad recipes:
These BBQ salad recipes are just the beginning. These are just recipe ideas ...
there's lots of room to experiment and customize to make your own individualized creations!
Salad recipes are very forgiving and you can add all sorts of stuff in many yummy combinations.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!