BBQ Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus is available year-round in most grocery stores, but it's
an especially wonderful summertime grilled treat. This
BBQ asparagus recipe is
very easy and takes very little time. When selecting asparagus, choose
those with good, firm stems that don't look dried-up. You can choose
thick or thin stems, whichever you prefer.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
- 1 bunch of asparagus - trimmed (snap off the tough lower stem)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter (for serving)
- Fresh lemon wedges (for serving)
How To Prepare
- Trim and wash the asparagus spears.
- Toss lightly with olive oil, to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Lightly oil the cooking grate.
- Grill the asparagus for about 4-6 minutes for thin stems, up to 10 minutes
for thick stems, or until desired tenderness. Asparagus should be tender and
lightly charred. To prevent asparagus from falling through the grate, you can
also wrap them in foil if you wish.
- Serve immediately by tossing in butter, and with fresh lemon wedges.
Asparagus is delicious when drizzled with lemon juice!
Hope you enjoy this simple BBQ asparagus recipe. Find more
side dishes for BBQ to
add to your meal!
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!