Easy BBQ Salmon Recipe in Foil
Salmon is the perfect fish for the barbecue. The taste of fresh, grilled
fish is a favorite for many people so it's no surprise that there are so
many BBQ salmon recipes!
Wrapping the fish in foil is a simple method for enjoying barbecued fish with minimum fuss.
Here's one quick and easy BBQ salmon recipe in foil.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
- 2-3 lb fresh salmon fillet - whole or cut into portions
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 fresh lemons, one thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Extra lemon wedges, for garnish
Preparing the Salmon
- Rinse the fish under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly rub the salmon fillet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with sale & pepper, to taste.
- Place the salmon on a piece of foil large enough that you'll be able to make a "packet" from it,
completely enclosing the salmon (don't actually make the packet yet, though) yet allowing it a little extra
room (foil should not be tight against the fish).
- Squeeze the lemon juice from one lemon evenly onto the salmon.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic, lemon rind, and finally the chopped green onions.
- Lay the thin lemon slices in a row on top of the salmon.
- Close each foil packet by pinching together the edges. The foil packet should allow the salmon a little
breathing room, so that it can 'steam' inside.
Barbecuing the Salmon
- Set up the barbecue for indirect cooking.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Carefully transfer the foil-wrapped fish packets to the cooking grate.
- Cover the lid and allow to cook undisturbed for 25-30 minutes or until done.
The salmon is done when the flesh is opaque and flakes easily. Be careful opening
the foil packets - the steam is hot!
This easy BBQ salmon recipe in foil is perfect for those days when you just
want a quick but tasty meal without a lot of work. Carefully open up the foil
packet(s) and discard the lemon slices (we squeeze out the hot juice onto the
salmon before discarding). Serve the salmon immediately, with the combined
juices / seasonings accumulated at the bottom of the foil spooned on top of
the fish. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if you like, and garnish with fresh lemon
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!