Easy Recipe for BBQ Salmon
A good, basic recipe for BBQ salmon
is something every recipe box should have. This one takes just a few minutes
to prepare before you can pop the fish onto the barbecue, and it uses simple
ingredients that most people will have readily available at home. It has a
touch of sweetness that goes really well with the barbecued salmon.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
What You Need
- 2 lb salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Preparing the Salmon
- Rinse the salmon under cold, running water and pat dry thoroughly.
- Rub the salmon with the salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Combine the water, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and olive oil and
stir until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the seasoned fish and the marinade together in a big ziplock bag.
Turn to coat, then marinate in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, and gently shake to remove excess.
Discard the used marinade.
Barbecuing the Salmon
- Set up the barbecue for indirect heat.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat (around 375-400 degrees F).
- Grease the cooking grate.
- Barbecue the salmon for about 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or
until the fish flakes easily. Turn once during cooking.
Variations: add a handful or two of alder wood chips
to the hot coals to add flavor, or grill the fish on a
cedar or alder plank.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges for garnish. If you prefer, this
recipe for BBQ salmon can also be cooked in foil for easier handling (or
use a BBQ fish grill basket). Check
out some side dishes for BBQ
to go with your meal, as well as some general tips on how to
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!