BBQ Kebabs Recipes - Meat Kebabs/Skewers
BBQ kebabs are delicious morsels of meat & veggies threaded onto skewers and
grilled on the barbecue. A basic kebab/skewer can be as simple as putting seasoned
or marinated chunks of meat and veggies threaded onto a skewer and grilled over the
BBQ. But for those who want something a little different, this tasty
BBQ kebabs recipes is for meat lovers.
It can be easily customized, and is also easy to make and cooks quickly too.
They make a great appetizer!
What You Need
- 2 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely-chopped or grated white onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 tbsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp finely crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
(if using wood or bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least an hour prior to use).
How To Make The BBQ Kebabs
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Using your hands, firmly press the meat mixture onto the skewers to make
a 4" to 5" long cylinder shape. A 1" thick kebab is pretty typical, but you
can make them whatever thickness you like. Make sure that the kebabs are all
about the same thickness and size.
Grilling the Kebabs
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grease the cooking grate.
- Place the kebabs on the barbecue and grill for about 6 to 10 minutes,
depending on the thickness of the meat. Turn often to cook them evenly.
- Use ground lamb instead of beef.
- Use a combination of different ground meats (choose at least one type of meat with a little fat in it, to keep the kebabs moist).
- Add finely-chopped fresh tomatoes to the mix.
- Add finely-chopped peppers to the mix. Experiment with different types of peppers, like hot peppers if you like spicy food.
- Add extra seasonings according to your tastes. For example, experiment with coriander, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and mint leaves.
BBQ kebabs recipes are plentiful, but we think this one is tops when you want something
a little different! Serve these delicious morsels hot off the grill. Check our website
for more BBQ appetizer recipes.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!