Choosing a Barbecue Mat
A barbecue mat is an easy way
to help protect your patio or deck from liquids and grease that can
drip from your BBQ. They're usually fairly affordable and can save
you the hassles of trying to scrub off stains.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a
small commission at no extra cost to you.
When looking for barbecue grill mats,
- Is the mat meant for charcoal or gas grills? Charcoal barbecue mats
are meant to withstand hot bits of charcoal dropping onto them.
- Is the mat easily cleanable? Ideally you want something that
can be hosed off or thrown in the washer.
- Light-duty or heavy-duty? Light mats may be cheaper, but once upon
a time we had one that ended up stuck to our patio (we had to scrape it
off with a shovel!).
- Is there a non-slip backing?
- Is the backing waterproof? A waterproof backing will also prevent
liquids from seeping through and staining the deck/patio underneath the
- What size is it? Ideally you want it large enough to cover the
entire base of the BBQ and then some.
A barbecue mat is a cheap investment that can make clean-up so much
easier. Check out more BBQ tips.
This website offers tips on how to BBQ
as well as
some of our favorite barbecue recipes
. We barbecue with a charcoal grill
in an outdoor kamado-style cooker called The Big Green Egg
We love food and we love the grill, and hope you enjoy our recipes!